Friday, June 7, 2013

Brooklyn Babe



A Short little post for you guys today! Something I wore romping around the Williamsburg Flea Market last weekend when the weather was a little fickle and decided to revert back into the 50's.. then the 80's.. then the 70's.. I don't understand! Anyway, it is a little difficult right now with my intensely busy work schedule and being without my regular photographer. But, I'm sure you all understand and I promise I'll get a hang of the NYC time management thing ASAP. I plan on taking LOTS of pics this weekend (just make this rain go away for me).

I just paired one of my favorite colorful shawls with a cropped sweater and some high rise jeans.. a great formula for a cute outfit if you have several color/pattern variations of those specific items.. it's one of my "go-to" "no-fail" type of outfits. I just add little unique accessories like a fringey bag and some gold sandals & a hat here and there.

Would you be interested in seeing me blog my daily activities here in NYC? I feel like I may just start carrying my camera around at all times (I know I may start to look obnoxious but I do not mind). I could incorporate a day at my internship (what it's like to work at a magazine as a fashion intern).. I could do a weekend day.. a day in Brooklyn.. Let me know of your suggestions and if that is something you think will be interesting! I'll still mix traditional outfit posts in there of course.. Let me know!! 

Kimono: BCBG
Cropped Sweater: BCBG
Pants: Brandy Melville
Sandals: Topshop
Hat: H&M
Bag: Target




32 comments:

  1. I love your outfit and think that carrying your camera around is cool! I would like to know your daily routine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think mixing it up would be a great idea.. also, I love those pants!!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. great kimono !!! :)
    x

    http://franchemeetsfashion.blogspot.cz/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so perfect, I love the sunglasses xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. you make me have urges to buy lots of hats and awesome kimonos, love it!
    xx

    www.thepowerofthecurl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the simple cropped sweater! xx
    Astrid from http://www.theweeklystyler.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic outfit!!! I love the pants!!

    -theresa
    collaredblouse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. A day at your internship and a day in Brooklyn would be very stellar! And i love this outfit (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That second picture is so beautiful, like a piece of art :)

    Much love,

    Www.zerxzastyle.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/zerxza
    www.twitter.com/zerxza

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would love to hear more about your internship, also some snapshots of your daily life in NYC would be cool too! Love your outfit posts as well!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool outfit! I love your hat :)
    Doing a "day in new york" thing would be really cool! Especially the internship, I would LOVE to internship in NYC so that would be awesome!

    heyniki.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Niki! I'm glad you would be interested.. I will see how I can bring about that within the next week or so (: XO

      Delete
  15. Love the setting and outfit!!

    http://petitemaisonoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. love that you blog about what you actually wear! Your outfits are so creative and wearable at the same time!! :D

    Elsa
    wanderuptown.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Next year I'm moving to New York to study Fashion Journalism at Sarah Lawrence College, and I'm hoping to intern at many fashion magazines before I graduate! I would absolutely love to hear your stories/adventures while on the job... You are such a lucky gal! My dream job would be working in the accessories department- I'm all about the shoes!

    Xo, Hannah

    ReplyDelete